Monday, February 25, 2008

no name blanket.





This specific blanket has no name. I usually name my projects but this is just a welcome home present so... This was a very easy blanket to make. I got my idea from http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60681A.html Lion Brand Fast Finish Throw but I added alot of changes because i wasnt satisfied with every thing. Yes, I am giving half credit to lion brand.


Needles: size 50 ,25 mm


Yarn:Red Heart 7 oz. 4 colors of your choice. (Red heart is cheaper,and it comes in bigger skeins than Jiffy)




Cast on 40 sts (in any method)


Row 1-4 Stockinette Stitch (knit 1 row, purl 1 row,repeat)


(RS)Row 5&6:purl


(RS)row 7:knit


(WS)Row 8: purl


Note: On row 5 when you purled on the RS it made a natural crease


Row 9(Rs)Fold in half and knit the cast on stitches.


Row 10: purl


Row 11:knit


continue rows 10 and 11(stockinette stitch) until blanket is desired length (52 in.)


Repeat rows 5-8 BIND OFF loosely.


Fold the end of the blanket in half, at the RS purl row and sew.(video avalible upon request)


Optional Tassles:


Cut four 16 in pieces of yarn, fold the yarn in half. Find a stitch on the end that you would like to tassle and attach it.


7 comments:

designs by hayley said...

comment me

kylieb266 said...

Hayley what does the pattern mean when you say fold in half and knit the stitches?

AntiKathy said...

It's making a hemmed edge, Kylie. the first rows will be the hem, the purl row will be the edge, and then she's attaching the hem as she's knitting the front side. HTH

edieangel said...

I have to repeat Kylie's question: What does "fold in half and kni the stitches" Mean. Also, you said video of the procedure available upon request. I am requesting. :) Thanks a bunch. I have a bunch of black and gray varigated yarn that would be perfect for this afghan.

Mary Kay said...

Hayley,
I can't see where it tells me what size knitting needles to use and how many strands of yarn are you using. In other words why 4 colors?
Mary Kay

Claudia said...

Hi
Is it possible to request the video, I don't get the fold in half part.

Thank you

Ashleyp63 said...

i dont know what it means by fold in half....i am requesting a video please...thank you very much :)
Ashley